January 2021 UPDATE!
Hello Summit Snow Riderz,
First Club Ride
Spring Creek - this Sunday January 17th * Meet at 9.30am * Ready to Ride/Beacon Check at 10am prompt!
Having our first Club Ride of the season this Sunday Jan 17th at 9.30am at Spring Creek Trail Head. Lets be R2R (Ready to Ride) and meet by the beacon checkpoint at 10am prompt for a beacon check and safety talk. We plan on riding in smaller groups of 5-6 people and lets use Channel 4, subchannel 11 on our radios to communicate. If anyone needs to borrow a beacon/radio, let me know.
There is a persistent weak layer in our snowpack this season and we have had some very high winds causing wind loading. When I rode Spring Creek/Elliot Ridge before Christmas there had been avalanches along the whole ridge. We will ride according to the avalanche conditions. We welcome all level of riders on our club rides and will setup our riding groups with similar riding abilities, a great way to get to know the area to go with riders who are very familiar with the terrain.
Keith McBrearty, our Club President, mentioned in our Club Meeting last Tuesday night that the snow conditions at Spring Creek are some of the best locally.
For our new Club Members, our Club owns a snowcat which we keep at Spring Creek TH and we groom 18 miles of trails up to Elliot Ridge. Our groomers are 100% volunteer and your membership helps with the cost of fuel and maintenance of the groomer. We updated our snow cat 2 years ago with monies we saved from club funds and a CSA grant, its faster, newer and slightly bigger. Very importantly, we get permits to groom at Spring Creek, the first mile of trail is BLM and subsequent trails are National Forest. By us getting these permits to groom, makes it much less likely it would be closed down. Currently have 5 year permits for the BLM and NF. Thank you for renewing your memberships, your support keeps the grooming program going and our trails open at Spring Creek/Elliot Ridge.
We plan on grooming tonight, we were unable to groom the last 2 nights because of high winds.
Hope to see you on Sunday!
VP Summit Snow Riderz
PAID MEMBERSHIP - HOW TO RENEW OR JOIN:
Thank you to our members again for being a member of the club! If you are not a member, please support us by becoming a club member. You can join at any club meeting, or you can join online through the CSA website by following this procedure:
- STEP 1 of 9 - select membership type ( individual, family, business , or both business and family) | NEXT
- STEP 2 of 9 – CSA website legal stuff | NEXT
- STEP 3 of 9 - FILL OUT THE MEMBERSHIP FORM (name & contact info) | NEXT
- STEP 4 of 9 - FILL OUT THE SNOW MACHINE FORM ( number of sleds/moto bikes in your household ) | NEXT
- STEP 5 of 9 - ADD CLUB | DISTRICT 3-NEAR DENVER | SUMMIT SNOW RIDERZ - FRISCO | SAVE | NEXT
- STEP 6 of 9 – FILL OUT THE WEBSITE FORM ( UserName, Password, ConfirmPassword ) | NEXT
- STEP 7 of 9 – FILL OUT THE FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO SPECIAL CSA FUNDS | NEXT
- STEP 8 of 9 – ACKNOWLEDGE Policies and Ethics of CSA | NEXT
- STEP 9 of 9 – REVIEW data that you have provided | FINISH AND PROCEED TO PAYMENT
- Created on .