Hello Summit Snow Riderz!
CLUB MEETINGS are the 2nd Tuesday of the month - 6pm Bakers Brewery . . . we discuss club rides, trail grooming at Spring Creek, and other club news.
Club memberships fund our trail grooming program and help keep the trails at Spring Creek open to Snowmobiling. If you are not a member please consider joining our club to support us through membership !
Seasonal repairs have been completed on our new Prinoth Bison X and the cat is running great. Ross, Jared, Jeff and Larry have been out grooming Spring Creek. Jeff plans to groom either tonight or tomorrow, so the trails will be in great shape at Spring Creek this weekend.
Welcome New Members . . . Thank you for your Support:
We would like to welcome the following New Business Members to the Summit Snow Riderz:
- Mountain Skillz with Matt Entz, South Fork
- Kodi Rafting, Buena Vista
- Team Rock on Q Financial - Mortgage Consultants, Dillon
- Ollies Bar and Legends Restaurant, Breckenridge
- We would like to welcome the following New ClubMember to the Summit Snow Riderz:
- Kim Sloan
January Club Meeting:
We had our monthly meeting on Tuesday 14th January, 2020.
- Keith McBrearty reported that the grooming at Spring Creek was excellent and we all decided to have our Club Ride this Sunday 19th January at Spring Creek. 10am ready to ride at the trailhead! We may split into 2 groups, intermediate and an advanced group and meet for lunch.
- The Colorado Snowmobile Association Annual Convention/Annual Meeting and Rides meets at Mt Princeton Hot Springs this year Fri 31st January, Sat 1st Feb and Sun 2nd Feb (Superbowl Sunday). Although the accommodation at Mt Princeton is already booked up, there are plenty of places to stay in Buena Vista or just come for the day to ride. On Friday and Saturday evenings dinners will be served in the main conference room and awards given out on Sat. Sign up and pre-payment for the meals is on the CSA website. Lunches for the rides on Friday and Saturday can be bought online and individually too. The rides usually begin at 9am and its about a 30 minute drive from Mt Princeton Hot Springs to St Elmo where we unload and begin our rides.
- The Vega Lodge at Grand Mesa trip date was changed to Feb 29th/March 1st because Lee Dolan of MotoBreck wanted to do an exclusive Snowmobile Demo Day for Summit Snow Riderz on Sunday 23rd February. The demo sleds are:
• 3x Polaris 805cc Khaos,
• 3x 850 ski-doo
• 1x ski doo 850cc TURBO!
Ski-doo announced the other day they are releasing in 2020, a stock 850cc "Turbo" sled, without the turbo lag and we get to try it out! Thanks Lee.
- Our social coordinator will get us the Vega lodging details and I will email everyone with availability/prices/dates soon.
- There is a mid-season snowmobile party called the Winter Classic at Rabbit Ears Pass on Saturday February 15th.
- Meeting ended with us singing Happy Birthday to Dave Garrett and eating birthday cake
Summit Snow Riderz